Membership in AIGA has its benefits—including discounts on services and products, health insurance, exclusive access to new job opportunities and more. Join today to contribute to the influence of design, further your professional development and connect with a welcoming community of peers.
Here are some simple steps to follow to become an AIGA member and part of the Miami and FIU Chapter!
1. Go to the AIGA member sign-up website: http://www.aiga.org/join/
2. Choose the level that is right for you! In our case it is recommended to choose the Contributing level as it is the cheapest option (at only $50/year). This level is usually for students who are starting out or simply fans of design.
3. Click where it says “Don’t have an account? Create one here” to create a new account.
4. Fill out the corresponding information (Email, First Name, Last Name, and Zip/Postal Code) and click “Submit”.
5. Continue to fill out the information for your new account. Make sure to write “Florida International University” as your “Organization.” When you are asked to “Select a chapter“, choose “Miami.“
If you input “0 years- Student” when asked “Where are you in your career?,” make sure to select Florida International University as your College/university.
6. Your account is now activated! Choose a Username and Password.
7. Now you must sign-up to become an AIGA member! Choose your level of support (Contributing $50/year), choose how long you would like to support AIGA at this level, and verify that Miami chapter is selected as your chapter. Click Next.
8. Finish signing up as a member of the AIGA by filling in your payment information. Once completed “Submit Order.” Once you are finished you will receive your digital AIGA membership card.
9. On the http://my.aiga.org/ website click “Public Profile.“
10. Click the checkmark next to “Accept the standards” and type “Florida International University” as your Company (VERY IMPORTANT!!!). Click Save.
You are finally a member of AIGA and a part of the Miami and FIU Chapters. As a member you can enjoy all the benefits of being part of the world’s largest professional association of designers in the world, AIGA.